This is a story about a mother of two boys, a 6 year old and a 2 year old.

Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year 2009

I haven't updated my blog in a few months. So I thought since it's a new year I would let everyone know how my family is doing. We are doing great. God blessed us in the year 2008 and I'm looking foward to see how he is going to bless us in the year of 2009.

We spent some time off of work during the Christmas time to be with our boys. Spent the Saturday before with my family in New Mexico and had a great time. On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day we spent time with our boys at home doing what every typical family does at Christmas time. We enjoyed every moment of it. This year we started a new tradition at our home for Christmas morning. Before we open gifts we sit down in front of the Christmas Tree and Papa reads the story out of the Bible of the birth of Jesus. What a great tradition. Maybe you can start a tradition like this one in your family. Then on Christmas Day we went and to Pupa and Gramdma's to open Christmas gifts with them. The boys had lots of gifts and loved being with their Pupa and Grandma. Their cousins Brenden and Spencer were there. We met Brenden's girlfriend Chasmier and we just fell in love with her. She is so sweet and very beautiful. We hope Brenden keeps her around.

Then the Sunday after Christmas me and the boys went back to New Mexico to spend more time with the boy's Popo and Nana. We spent 4 days there and enjoyed every moment of the time spent with them. I beleive Dimitry enjoyed hanging out with Popo the most. Sasha enjoyed making homemade cookies with Nana.

On New Year's Eve we ate dinner and stay awake just long enough to see Dick Clark bring in the New Year 2009 in New York City. Dick Clark looked good for having a stroke. Sasha saw the New York ball fall and turned and looked us and said "Is that it? I thought the ball was going to drop." We explained to him what the dropping of the ball was and he was ok with it. We all then went to bed. New Years Day we woke up and ate a late breakfast and then in the evening we ate our typical dinner with Cabbage for money and black eye peas for good luck. The boys liked is as well as we did.

Today is January 2nd and I'm Happy as any mother to two wonderful boys and a fantastic husband could be. I pray that God blesses everyone that reads my blog. I hope my blog touches your heart as those blogs I read touch mine. I'm am so blessed by God and with a family like I have.

God Bless!!
Momma Marsha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute boys. Sounds like you are very busy being a mom. Tony Boyd

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha and Brad,

This is Debbie and Noel. We haven't seen you or talked to you in a long time. Sounds like things are going great at your house.

We are about to celebrate our 9th anniversary. Amazing.

I am not with STA Benefits anymore. I am on my own being an independent Aflac agent. Things are going great. Let's try to get together some time.

Debbie